Document Management and Document Imaging with Alliance Imager
Alliance Imager document management and imaging software transforms paper documents into electronic
documents that can be viewed, edited and distributed within a PC environment and
provides Document Management of scanned and electronically generated documents
(such as Microsoft Word or Excel) in a searchable database.
Alliance Imager provides inexpensive concurrent access to electronic copies of
records currently stored as paper.
Paper files can cause problems. One file can only be in one place at a time, and
multiple copies are difficult to maintain. On-site storage costs may be
high, and off-site storage may cause delay. The
electronic document management system scans
and indexes your paperwork comprehensively
and brings savings in storage space and costs. Instead of searching for that stray document,
Alliance Imager enables you to retrieve it on your PC and then view, edit and annotate it!
Alliance Imager is multi-user desktop imaging and electronic
management software (DMS) for Microsoft Windows 98, 2000 or XP.
- Alliance Imager is capable of scanning paperwork from A0 to A6 size.
Image documents may be black & white, greyscale or colour, produced by a
scanner, fax or other applications.
Low volume scanning may be done directly with Alliance Imager, higher
volumes should be scanned with Alliance BatchScan document scanning.
Alliance Imager document management solution will index and store your electronic documents generated in Microsoft Office or other
Windows applications, so that all your information may be comprehensively stored; scanned documents may be filed away with related
word processed files or spreadsheets, for example.
- Once documents have been indexed (by adding descriptive fields or
metadata) they are immediately accessible to everyone on your network.
- Imager can convert electronic documents (such as Word or
Excel) to images as though they had been printed and scanned.
- Imager can organise your documents in two
Documents may be retrieved by either browsing through the system or by
searching for a given folder or document.
- By a hierarchical cabinet, drawer and folder structure which enables the user to label and fill
folders to their own requirements, ensuring that all information is quick and easy to find.
- Alternatively, documents may be organised by saving key fields in an index card format, creating a database with documents stored in each record.
- After scanning, via the industry standard TWAIN interface, the image documents are compressed to save space and stored as
TIFF files using
Group 3, Group 4 or JPEG compression. Scanning to PDF (Acrobat) format is
also supported. Imager supports PDF
- For large volume scanning, the Alliance BatchScan
document scanning software is fully compatible with Alliance Imager.
- Documents may be stored on (usually via a server):
- magnetic disk
- RAID disks
- Network Attached Storage
- write-once (WORM) optical disk
- re-writable optical disk
- Optical Jukeboxes, giving the capacity for unlimited storage.
- Output to CD-writers or DVD-writers is also possible.
- High performance document storage and retrieval is provided by indexing
using a database such as:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- other SQL databases
- Microsoft Access
- A view-only version of Alliance Imager is available for users who would not wish to create or amend documents.
- Documents may be saved into Imager from other applications such as
Microsoft Word, Excel or Outlook using menu add-ins.
- Document archiving and retrieval
Alliance Imager can organise your scanned documents in two ways. It uses a
hierarchical cabinet, drawer and folder structure which enables the user to
label and fill them to their own requirements, ensuring that all information is
quick and easy to find. Alternatively, documents may be organised by saving key
fields in an index card format, creating a database with documents stored in
Once documents have been scanned they are
immediately accessible to everyone on your network. For large volume scanning,
there is an optional Batch scanning module.
Documents may be retrieved by either browsing
through the system or by searching for a given folder or document.
Are scanned documents legally acceptable ?
See Legal Admissibility of information stored
on Electronic Document Management Systems for more details.
Alliance Imager leaflet
here for further details...
Alliance Imager is
suitable for use with Alliance
We can also upgrade from other Imaging software such as Wang Imaging,
Kodak Imaging, Wang Open/Image, Filenet Watermark, File Magic, PC Docs,
Alchemy, GroupWise, Wang/Kodak Imaging for Windows and many more to Alliance
See more about
Document Management Terms
Overview Imager Document Management Applications
Alliance Imager is extremely easy to use. The system allows us to handle documents as we want to handle them with potentially major gains in security, efficiency and cost savings over conventional document handling"
- Andrew Doyle -
Hart, Moss, Doyle Accountants
Alliance supply document imaging,
Imager document management system, Alliance Imager document management software and
BatchScan document scanning.